Saturday, November 22, 2008

TJei'isms

On one recent day when I picked up TJei from Headstart, Sis. Ruth Davis was walking past with her little dog. Ruth and I used to work together at the Family History Center so we exchanged greetings and visited for a few minutes. I introduced TJei to "Tia Maria's Great-Aunt" and TJei said hello and petted the dog. As we turned to head for the truck TJei called out to Sis. Davis, "Good-bye. It was good to meet you and your dog!" Sis. Davis headed off with a refreshed smile.

When neighbor Tim Hunt pulled up in our yard to pick up the trailer he was borrowing from Mike, TJei called out, "Grandpa, there's someone here." It wasn't the typical call to Grandma, it was directed to Grandpa. After Mike and Tim got things squared away on hitching up the trailer, TJei said good-bye to Tim and directed him, "Make sure that trailer doesn't come off. Drive careful." Tim laughed and noted her precocious nature.

 

No comments: